Minutes of the weekly meeting of the Mojaloop Design Authority 2022-02-02 13:00 UTC
- Paul Baker firstname.lastname@example.org (PB)
- Pedro Barreto email@example.com (PSB)
- Miguel de Barros firstname.lastname@example.org (MdB)
- Lewis Daly email@example.com (LD)
- Johann Foley firstname.lastname@example.org (JF)
- Sam Kummary email@example.com (SK)
- Godfrey Kutumela firstname.lastname@example.org (GK)
- Istvan Molnar email@example.com (IM)
- Simeon Oriko firstname.lastname@example.org (SO)
- Justus Ortlepp email@example.com (JO)
- Michael Richards Michael.Richards@modusbox.com (MR) (chair)
- New organisation
- Revisit Meeting times - does alternating 10am & 1pm UTC still work?
- Review issues board
- Does the Microsoft/Azure work affect us, and is there anything we can do from the DA side to aid and track the work needed specifically for the Helm charts v14?
- Payment Manager Code Review Discussion
- Timing: LD will not attend afternoon meetings, so they could be later. But BS is OK so no change.
- Contingency plan issue (58): do we need it? This is about license changing for one of our components. Will be closed.
- Product segmentation: close it as an issue unless someone wants to raise it again. PSB: we need to retain the question about how we accept projects.
*Decision log (issue 75): add to readme for DA project? Produce example document.
*Endpoints implementation (issue 81): more elegant solution, requires Kubernetes. Configuration is not centralised any more… Config management would need to arrange things in the Kubernetes cluster. Needs to be defined in a K8-agnostic way? Could be an NginX container or similar (PSB). Can it wait for vNext? JN: point 3 (about cache invalidation) is an important one. MdB: not really a problem at present. PB: is this too complex? MdB: complexity level will not change, it’s just happening somewhere else. Could have a hybrid version - look in DB, then go to DNS if not found. Already being considered as part of Platform Configuration BC. No reasonable prospect of anything happening soon: vNext already addresses this.
- 78: needs more work and a proposal
- 74 is waiting for vNext. Design has been discussed and more or less agreed.
- Issue 70: tl;dr
- SK: final comment and close the contingency plan issue (Issue 58)
- GK: report back on contingency plan issue (Issue 58)
- PSB to add reference to document and then close it .
- MR: create example document for decisions
- MdB: comment and close endpoints implementation issue
- PSB: raise issue: define a process for accepting
- SK: make a proposal relating to issue 78. Needs to be updated as well.
- MdB: Close issue 74: will be handled by vNext