Minutes of the weekly meeting of the Mojaloop Design Authority 2021-05-19 10:00 UTC
- James Bush (Chair) email@example.com (JB)
- Sam Kummary firstname.lastname@example.org (SK)
- Pedro Barreto email@example.com (PB)
- Justus Ortlepp firstname.lastname@example.org (JO)
- Michael Richards Michael.Richards@modusbox.com (MR)
- Istvan Molner email@example.com (IM)
- Godfrey Kutumela firstname.lastname@example.org (GK)
- Simeon Oriko email@example.com (SO)
- Any issues with previous meeting minutes
- Report back on actions from previous meeting
- Node.js version updates and LTS roadmap, impact on Mojaloop code base and planning for necessary actions.
- JB informed the group that minutes from previous meeting had only just been published and suggested members review at their convenience.
- JB informed the group that he had made no progress on seeking expert advice on the licensing issues discussed last week.
- Discussion on node.js LTS update:
- PB raised that it should be easy to determine the volume of work required as we have tests.
- SK raised that there are a lot of services to update and test. He mentioned that previous LTS updates had taken between two and four weeks for the core team at its previous staffing level.
- SK: we should create backlog items for the core team / maintenance workstream and manage within their sprints.
- Discussion of whether this upgrade could be deferred to “v-next” services and existing services only be upgraded with bugfixes and security patches to node, rather than a major version upgrade.
- We should reach out to current users/adopters e.g. Mowali, to solicit their view.
- SK took an action to feedback at a future date with an estimate of the volume of work and a plan.
- SK to feedback at a future date with an estimate of the volume of work involved in LTS upgrade and a plan.