Minutes of the weekly meeting of the Mojaloop Design Authority 2021-04-21 10:00 UTC
- James Bush (Chair) email@example.com (JB)
- Miguel de Barros firstname.lastname@example.org (MDB)
- Pedro Barreto email@example.com (PB)
- Michael Richards Michael.Richards@modusbox.com (MR)
- Istvan Molner firstname.lastname@example.org (IM)
- Simeon Oriko email@example.com (SO)
- Adrian Hope-Bailie firstname.lastname@example.org (AHB)
- Discussion of change to license model of Grafana to AGPLv3 (raised by AHB) and its potential impact on the Mojaloop product, codebase, adopters and wider community.
- AHB raised license change of Grafana. Discussion ensued:
- All agreed that Mojaloop should continue to attempt to isolate its codebase from strong dependency on any particular third party code library or product in order to mitigate license model changes beyond its control. This is in addition to the general good practice of separating concerns for technical reasons.
- Discussion that in some instances the ‘downloader’ (i.e. end user) of the third party software, e.g. Grafana is the licencee and not Mojaloop itself.
- Suggestion to include clear license guidance for adopters, developers etc… in documentation.
- This should say which components are “required” and what their license terms are vs what alternatives are available for other components and what their license terms are.
- AHB to raise further with TGB.
- PB raised that the DDD workstream will present at the upcoming convening and asked if any members had concerns, issues or comments before the event.
- No issues were raised.
AHB to raise potential mitigating actions with TGB and product council (via LAV) such as documentation and attempt to get this task into a workstream.