Minutes of the weekly meeting of the Mojaloop Design Authority 2021-03-17 13:00 UTC
- James Bush (Chair) email@example.com (JB)
- Miguel de Barros firstname.lastname@example.org (MDB)
- Simon Oriko email@example.com (SO)
- Sam Kummary firstname.lastname@example.org (SK)
- Adrian Hope-Bailie email@example.com (AHB)
- Pedro Barreto firstname.lastname@example.org (PB)
- Justus Ortlepp email@example.com (JO)
- Michael Richards Michael.Richards@modusbox.com (MR)
- Istvan Molner firstname.lastname@example.org (IM)
- Bryan Schneider email@example.com (BS)
- Review of minutes from previous meeting
- Miguel de Barros to present detailed design on reliable notifications (follow up to previous discussions)
- JB asked all present if any issues had been spotted with previous minutes. No issues were raised.
- MDB presented detailed design for reliable notifications (Design for reliable notifications on finalisation of a transfer · Issue #74 · mojaloop/design-authority · GitHub)
- Question raised by MDB on where this fits given recent work on reference architecture; group discussion ensued
- IM raised questions about error scenario handling leading to discussion of patterns to handle various failures.
- Group discussion about product council involvement to determine what contributions may be available to implement this.
- Group discussion around suitability for immediate implementation given that the new design is largely aligned with reference architecture direction and refactoring would be low cost.
- No further objections were raised.
- SK took action to raise this with product council and discuss priorities and requirements around notification reliability as well as possible funding avenues
- MDB took action to add error case handling to design diagrams