Minutes of the weekly meeting of the Mojaloop Design Authority 2021-03-10 10:00 UTC
- James Bush (Chair) email@example.com (JB)
- Miguel de Barros firstname.lastname@example.org (MDB)
- Simon Oriko email@example.com (SO)
- Sam Kummary firstname.lastname@example.org (SK)
- Godfrey Kutumela email@example.com (GK)
- Adrian Hope-Bailie firstname.lastname@example.org (AHB)
- Pedro Barreto email@example.com (PB)
- Justus Ortlepp firstname.lastname@example.org (JO)
- Michael Richards Michael.Richards@modusbox.com (MR)
- Lewis Daly email@example.com (LD)
- Dave Spooner firstname.lastname@example.org (DS)
- Matt Kingston email@example.com (MK)
- Review of minutes from previous meeting
- Dave Spooner (ModusBox) to present on Tech Radar for Mojaloop.
- Matt Kingston (ModusBox) to present on Kustomize
- Miguel de Barros to present detailed design on reliable notifications (follow up to previous discussions)
- JB asked all present if any issues had been spotted with previous minutes. No issues were raised.
- DS presented the idea of Mojaloop using a tech radar to communicate tech trends within the Mojaloop codebase both in the Mojaloop community and to external parties.
- Ownership of such a tool was discussed with the general conclusion that it should be the DA.
- PB raised that the reference architecture stream should feed into this
- MDB raised that it would be useful to include details of which component(s) in the mojaloop stack use each technology.
- Further discussion and next steps to be discussed on the DA slack channel
- MK presented Kustomize, a tool for manipulating Kubernetes manifests
- Discussion ensued of pros/cons vs HELM.
- It was mentioned that Kustomize can be complimentary to HELM and useful for implementers and/or users of HELM charts where certain use cases and/or configuration options are not provided in the upstream chart
- Presentation of final agenda item was postponed to next weeks call due to time overrun. JB to ensure MDB gets first slot in next weeks call